- With tonight’s victory, the Sabres have wins in consecutive matchups with the Rangers for the first time since they won three in a row from April 2, 2016 to Jan. 3, 2017.
- The Sabres went 2-for-4 on the power play after going 3-for-5 in the team’s last game on Sunday at Washington. They have now scored five power-play goals in a two-game span for the first time since Oct. 5 and 7, 2019.
- Rasmus Ristolainen appeared in his 500th NHL game tonight, becoming the 31st player to appear in 500 games for the Sabres. He is the first to do so since Drew Stafford played his 500th game with the team on March 11, 2014 vs. Nashville.
- Dylan Cozens scored his first career power-play goal in the first period. He now has goals in consecutive appearances.
- Eric Staal recorded an assist on Buffalo’s first goal to extend his point streak to three games (2+1). Staal now has 12 points (5+7) in his nine games against the Rangers since the beginning of the 2016-17 season.
- Matt Irwin recorded an assist in his Sabres debut.
- With tonight’s power-play goal, Jack Eichel has tied Jochen Hecht for the 19th-most goals in franchise history (138). He now trails Drew Stafford by seven goals for 18th. His 41 power-play goals rank 18th in franchise history.
|Updated Season Stats|