- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have won their season series against the Blue Jackets for the first time since 2015-16. All three games in the series were won in overtime by the home team.
- Victor Olofsson scored twice tonight in his first game back after missing 15 games due to injury, including his first career overtime goal. He finished the game with sole possession of second place among NHL rookies with 18 goals this season.
- Rasmus Dahlin recorded an assist on both of Olofsson’s goals and now has at least one assist in all three games against Columbus this season.
- In six career games against the Blue Jackets, Dahlin has collected six assists.
- With his first assist, Dahlin passed Rick Hampton (76) for third-most points recorded by an NHL defenseman before his 20th birthday. He now trails only Phil Housley (132) and Ray Bourque (79) for most points ever recorded by a teenage defenseman.
- Dahlin’s second assist of the game was his 30th of the season. He joins Phil Housley as the second defenseman in franchise history to record at least 30 assists in his first two NHL seasons.
- Jack Eichel (1+2) recorded his 19th multi-point game of the season. The Sabres are 14-3-2 in those games. Eichel has recorded at least three points eight times this season, topping his previous career-high total (6) set in the 2016-17 season.
- Eichel’s first assist was his 40th of the season. He became the first Sabres player to record 30 goals and 40 assists in a season since Jason Pominville (30+43) in 2011-12.
- Evan Rodrigues scored and now has four points (3+1) in four games against Columbus in the last two seasons.
- Carter Hutton recorded his sixth career assist on Buffalo’s third goal. It was the first assist by a Sabres goaltender since Hutton tallied an assist on Feb. 23, 2019 vs. Washington.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Victor Olofsson
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella
Blue Jackets forward Nathan Gerbe
Blue Jackets forward Liam Foudy
Blue Jackets defenseman Vladislav Gavrikov