- The Sabres improved to 11-2-3 against the Red Wings since the beginning of the 2016-17 season, including a 4-1-3 record at home.
- After going 3-for-3 on the penalty kill tonight, Buffalo has now killed 41 of 46 penalties (89.1%) against Detroit in the 13 meetings between the clubs dating back to March 20, 2017.
- With his assist tonight, Jack Eichel became the 14th player ever to record 70 points in consecutive seasons at least once as a member of the Sabres. The last player to do so was Derek Roy in 2007-08 (81) and 2008-09 (70).
- Sam Reinhart’s two points tonight (1+1) give him 16 points (9+7) in 16 games since the beginning of January. The team is 9-2-1 this season (.792) and 40-7-8 (.800) in Reinhart’s career when he records at least two points.
- With his assist on Marcus Johansson’s goal, Rasmus Dahlin recorded his 76th career point, tying Rick Hampton for the third-most points ever recorded by an NHL defenseman before his 20th birthday. He now trails only Phil Housley (132) and Ray Bourque (79) for most points ever recorded by a teenage defenseman.
- Dahlin has totaled six points (1+5) in seven career games against Detroit.
- Johansson recorded two points (1+1), marking his fourth multi-point game of the season.
- Conor Sheary’s goal tonight gives him a point in each of his last three games against the Red Wings (1+2).
- Curtis Lazar earned an assist on Sheary’s goal and now has three assists in three games against Detroit this season.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Marcus Johansson
Sabres forward Conor Sheary
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Red Wings head coach Jeff Blashill
Red Wings forward Anthony Mantha
Red Wings forward Darren Helm
Red Wings forward Dylan Larkin