- Today’s win improved the Sabres to 5-1-2 in afternoon games this season, including a 5-1-0 record at home.
- With his overtime goal, Jack Eichel now ranks third in the NHL with seven game-winners this season and is tied for second-most overtime goals (3).
- Eichel’s eight career overtime goals are the most ever scored by a member of the Sabres. His 23 career game-winners tie Ric Seling for 18th-most in franchise history.
- With his goal today, Evan Rodrigues has tallied three goals in his last five appearances.
- Sam Reinhart, who assisted on Eichel’s goal, has now recorded 13 points (6+7) in the Sabres’ last 13 games, including at least a point in nine of the last 11 (6+6).
- Rasmus Dahlin recorded the lone assist on Buffalo’s first goal and now has points in eight of Buffalo’s last 10 games, totaling nine points (1+8) in those contests.
- Carter Hutton stopped 22 of 23 Columbus shots to earn a .957 save percentage, marking his fourth-best save percentage in a start this season.
- Lawrence Pilut logged 22:20 of ice time in today’s game, trailing his career-high mark of 22:49 on Dec. 4, 2018 vs. Toronto by just 29 seconds.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Curtis Lazar
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella
Blue Jackets forward Oliver Bjorkstrand
Blue Jackets forward Alexander Wennberg
Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks