- Sam Reinhart opened the scoring just 18 seconds into tonight’s game. It was the Sabres’ fastest goal from the beginning of a game since Johan Larsson scored 18 seconds into a 4-3 victory on Dec. 1, 2016 against the New York Rangers.
- Jack Eichel scored twice tonight, becoming the third player in the NHL to reach the 20-goal mark this season and extending his career-best point streak to 14 games (12+13). He’s now one game shy of Patrick Kane’s 15-game streak for the longest in the NHL this season.
- Eichel’s second goal was the 13th empty-net goal of his career, tying Gilbert Perreault and Miroslav Satan for the most empty-netters in Sabres history.
- With his goal and an assist tonight, Reinhart now has five points (3+2) in his last four games.
- After recording two assists tonight, Victor Olofsson now has 18 points (6+12) in his last 17 games, including two-point performances in four of the team’s last five games.
- With a two-point night (1+1), Johan Larsson has recorded his first three-game point streak since November 2016. He now has nine points (2+7) and a plus-9 rating in Buffalo’s last seven contests.
- Linus Ullmark made 28 saves in the win. He has now stopped 79 of 85 shots (.929) in his three career meetings with St. Louis.
- Ullmark is now 5-1-1 with a .923 save percentage in his last seven appearances.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Blues head coach Craig Berube
Blues forward Troy Brouwer
Blues forward David Perron
Blues goaltender Jake Allen