- Buffalo has not lost the home portion of a home-and-home series with Toronto since the first such series (a 4-2 loss on Dec. 20, 1970).
- The Sabres are now 11-1-2 (two ties) all-time in the home portion of their 14 home-and-home series with the Maple Leafs.
- Buffalo’s four goals and plus-3 goal differential in the second period both marked season-highs for the team in a single period.
- Jack Eichel recorded three points (2+1) today to extend his point streak to eight games (8+7).
- Eichel now has 12 goals in 14 career games against the Maple Leafs. It’s his highest goal total and his best per-game goal output (.86) against any NHL opponent.
- Jimmy Vesey’s two-point effort extended his point streak to a career-high four games (3+2). He now has goals in three straight.
- With Buffalo’s fourth goal of the game, Victor Olofsson extended his career-best point streak to six games (3+3).
- Olofsson has now recorded points in 10 of his last 11 games (4+6), including a point in each of his last six home games (2+4).
- Marco Scandella recorded two assists, good for his first two-point effort since Dec. 29, 2018 vs. Boston.
- With his goal today, Jeff Skinner has scored each of his 10 goals this season at 5-on-5.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt
Sabres forward Victor Olofsson
Sabres forward Jimmy Vesey
Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe
Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews
Maple Leafs forward John Tavares
Maple Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly
Maple Leafs goaltender Michael Hutchinson