- The Wild earned their first win against the Sabres since Jan. 4, 2018. Buffalo swept the season series in 2018-19.
- Brandon Montour scored his first goal of the season in the third period. It is his fourth goal as a member of the Sabres.
- Montour led the team with nine shot attempts, including six on goal.
- Victor Olofsson recorded an assist on Montour’s goal and now has a point in five of his last six games (1+4).
- Rasmus Asplund skated a career-high 17:53 tonight, including a team-high 7:36 of shorthanded ice time. It’s the most single-game shorthanded minutes recorded by a rookie forward since Zach Hyman’s identical total on Jan. 13, 2017. No rookie forward has posted more penalty kill time in a game than Asplund’s total since Michael Grabner on Feb. 11, 2011.
- Zemgus Girgensons (7:14) and Jake McCabe (6:49) both logged career-high ice time totals on the penalty kill tonight.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Brandon Montour
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Wild head coach Bruce Boudreau
Wild forward Joel Eriksson Ek
Wild defenseman Ryan Suter