- With tonight’s goal, Jeff Skinner has scored in each of his four career games against his former club, totaling five goals and one assist in those contests.
- Skinner’s plus-4 rating tonight tied a career high (previously: 3/30/11 vs. MTL and 10/20/18 at LAK).
- Curtis Lazar, who made his Sabres debut tonight, scored on his first shot as a Sabre in the second period.
- Lazar became the 56th player ever to score in his Sabres debut and the first since Kyle Okposo did so on Oct. 16, 2016 at Edmonton.
- Jack Eichel and Zemgus Girgensons are the only other current Sabres who have scored in their debuts.
- Evan Rodrigues, who assisted on Skinner’s goal, now has three points (1+2) and a plus-3 rating in four games against the Hurricanes since the beginning of last season.
- Rasmus Dahlin appeared in his 100th NHL game tonight. His 56 career points (10+46) trail only Phil Housley (30+64) for the most by a Sabres defenseman through his first 100 games.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Curtis Lazar
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres defenseman Henri Jokiharju
Hurricanes head coach Rod Brind’Amour
Hurricanes forward Andrei Svechnikov
Hurricanes forward Teuvo Teravainen
Hurricanes defenseman Dougie Hamilton