|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Friday, November 8
Tampa Bay 3 at Buffalo 2
Goals: Reinhart (2)
Goalie: Ullmark (31 saves/34 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 3/4; Shots: Tampa Bay 34 – Buffalo 22
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 67)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 16 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 16 games
Marco Scandella (lower body, Oct. 25; injured reserve) – 5 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/3: Recalled D Lawrence Pilut from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Marco Scandella on IR
Thursday, Nov. 14: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 16: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Chicago, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 19: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 21: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
SABRES at LIGHTNING
- This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
- Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Stockholm on Nov. 8.
- Next meeting: Monday, Nov. 25 in Tampa
- The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road.
- This is the 104th game all-time between Buffalo and Tampa Bay; Buffalo has a 55-39-9 series record.
- The Sabres are 29-19-4 on the road against the Lightning all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 6-8-4 all-time on November 9.
- November 9, 2005: Thomas Vanek scores twice, including his first career NHL goal, and adds an assist in a 5-3 home loss against the Carolina Hurricanes.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Casey Mittelstadt is expected to appear in his 100th NHL game tonight.
- Sam Reinhart has five points (3+2) in his last five games. He has recorded eight points (7+1) in his last eight games against the Lightning, including three two-goal outings.
- Tonight’s game is the final of three NHL games to be contested in Europe this season as part of the 2019 NHL Global Series, following the season-opening matchup between the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers in Prague, Czech Republic.
- This marks the third straight year (and the eighth season overall) that the NHL has contested regular-season games in Europe. It is the second time the Sabres have been part of those games, as the team defeated the Anaheim Ducks in Helsinki, Finland and the Los Angeles Kings in Berlin, Germany as part of the 2011 NHL Premiere.
- The Sabres and Lightning become the eighth and ninth teams to play at least four regular-season games in Europe tonight. With a win, Buffalo would join Ottawa (3-0-1) and Anaheim (3-3-0) as the only teams with three wins in those games.
- Rasmus Ristolainen recorded his 200th NHL point with an assist in yesterday’s game against the Lightning.
- He became the ninth defenseman in franchise history to record at least 200 points for the Sabres.
- Ristolainen’s 36 career goals rank him 13th among all Sabres defensemen in franchise history, trailing Jocelyn Guevremont by two for the 12th spot. His 164 assists leave him two shy of John Van Boxmeer for eighth-most.
- While today’s game is being contested at a neutral-site venue, it represents the second game in a home-and-home series between the Sabres and the Lightning.
- It is the third home-and-home series ever to be played between the teams. Buffalo previously went 0-2-0 in a series against Tampa Bay on Oct. 22 and 25, 2011 and 1-1-0 on Dec. 2 and 4, 2014.
- The Sabres have played in 164 previous home-and-home series in franchise history, going 93-48-23 (.637) in the home games and 57-78-29 (.436) in the road games in previous series.
- The team is 71-64-29 (.521) all-time in the first game of these previous series and 79-62-23 (.552) in the second.
- Buffalo’s points breakdown in these previous series is as follows: four points (32), three points (24), two points (67), one point (17), zero points (24).
- Buffalo swept San Jose in their last home-and-home series on Oct. 19 and 22. They will face the Toronto Maple Leafs in their next one on Nov. 29 and 30.
Tonight’s game wraps up Buffalo’s fourth of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season, which began with a 3-2 loss last night vs. Tampa Bay. The Sabres are 0-4-0 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 2-1-0 in the second game so far this season. Buffalo’s point breakdown in previous back-to-back sets is: four points (0), three points (0), two points (2), one point (0) and zero points (1).
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings after yesterday’s game)
- Buffalo Sabres: 25.9% PP% (3rd)
- Dahlin: 7 PPA (T-5th)
- Eichel: 1 OTG (T-5th), 9 PPP (6th), 4 PPG (T-8th), 301 FO (9th)
- Hutton: 2 SO (T-1st), 2.09 GAA (5th), .928 SV% (7th)
- Johansson: 1 OTG (T-5th)
- McCabe: 36 BkS (T-10th)
- Olofsson: 6 PPG (4th), 8 PPP (T-9th)
- Ristolainen: 54 hits (7th)
- Skinner: 58 S (9th)
- Ullmark: 1 SO (T-6th)
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (54), McCabe (30), Miller (30)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (36), Ristolainen (25), Jokiharju (17)
Shots: Skinner (58), Eichel (53), Reinhart (38)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 8-1-1 (17), 38/24, 12/39, 23/30
11-20: 1-4-1 (3), 9/19, 2/15, 13/15
OVERTIME RESULTS (2-1; 122-129 all-time)
Oct. 7 at CBJ: L, 4-3 (GWG-Texier, 2:08)
Oct. 9 vs. MTL: W, 5-4 (GWG-Johansson, 1:30)
Oct. 22 vs. SJS: W, 4-3 (GWG-Eichel, 3:13)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (1-1; 76-70 all-time)
Oct. 11 vs. FLA: W, 3-2 (GDG-Eichel)
Oct. 28 vs. ARI: L, 3-2 (GDG-Schmaltz)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Casey Mittelstadt … 1 game … 100 career games played
Rasmus Dahlin … 2 games … 100 career games played
Carter Hutton … 3 games … 200 career games played
Brandon Montour … 9 games … 200 career games played
Sam Reinhart … 7 goals … 100 career goals
Jimmy Vesey … 8 points … 100 career points
Kyle Okposo … 8 points … 500 career points
Rasmus Ristolainen … 200th NHL point … Nov. 8 vs. TBL