- With tonight’s shootout loss, the Sabres have finished the month of October with a 9-2-2 record. Their 20 points in the month fell one shy of tying the franchise record for the opening month of a season (21, October 2006).
- Buffalo’s points percentage of .769 in October ranks as the fifth-best season-opening month in franchise history.
- The Sabres fell to 5-0-1 at home this season, becoming the final team to lose a game on home ice in 2019-20. Their five consecutive home wins to open the season left them one win shy of tying the franchise-best mark of six set in 1975-76.
- With their goals tonight, Jack Eichel and Jeff Skinner share the team lead and are tied for seventh in the NHL with seven goals each this season.
- Eichel’s goal moved him into a tie for the NHL lead with nine power-play points this season (4+5).
- Skinner is now tied for second in the league with seven even-strength goals.
- Skinner’s two-point night (1+1) gives him 10 points (5+5) in his last eight games against Arizona.
- Sam Reinhart picked up an assist on Eichel’s goal and now has four points (2+2) in his last four games.
- Marcus Johansson earned the primary assist on Skinner’s goal, giving him four assists in his last four games against the Coyotes.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet
Coyotes forward Conor Garland
Coyotes goaltender Darcy Kuemper