- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have improved to 8-1-1, matching their second-best record through 10 games in franchise history (1975-76 and 2009-10). The team’s best ever start was a 10-0-0 record to begin the 2006-07 season.
- The Sabres earned their first home-and-home series sweep since they beat the Canadiens on Nov. 28 and 29, 2014.
- The team’s 5-0-0 record through five home games ties Buffalo’s second-best start at home, matching the 1972-73 and 1984-85 seasons. The team’s record for most consecutive home wins to begin a season is six, set in the 1975-76 season.
- With his sixth career overtime goal tonight, Jack Eichel tied Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek for the most in Sabres franchise history.
- Eichel’s four-point output (2+2) gave him his seventh career outing with at least four points, tying Christian Ruuttu for 11th-most in franchise history. He’s now one away from tying Danny Gare and Miroslav Satan for ninth-most.
- San Jose’s first goal of the night snapped Carter Hutton’s shutout streak at a career-best 134:22, surpassing his previous best of 130:51 (Feb. 16 to March 3, 2017).
- Rasmus Dahlin recorded his 10th point of the season (1+9) with an assist tonight, making him the seventh unique Sabres defenseman to record at least 10 points in the team’s first 10 games of a season. He is the first to do so since Brian Campbell (1+10) in 2007-08.
- Victor Olofsson recorded his ninth point of the season with an assist tonight. Rick Martin (1971-72), Phil Housley (1982-83) and Hannu Virta (1982-83) were the only rookies in Sabres history to tally more through the team’s first 10 games of a season.
- With his goal tonight, Jeff Skinner now has a point in each of his four games against the Sharks since joining the Sabres (3+1).
- Henri Jokiharju registered an assist on Skinner’s goal. He now has four assists in his last five games, including three assists in his last two contests.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sharks head coach Peter DeBoer
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau
Sharks forward Logan Couture
Sabres defenseman Erik Karlsson