- With tonight’s win, the Sabres are 4-0-1 through five games. It’s the first time Buffalo has started a season with points in five straight games since the team went 4-0-1 through its first five games of the 2009-10 season.
- Buffalo has also begun the season with wins in each of the team’s first three home games for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
- The Sabres went 4-for-4 on the penalty kill tonight. They have now killed each of their last six penalties.
- Linus Ullmark, who earned the shootout win tonight, has the sixth-best career shootout save percentage (15-for-18, .833) of any NHL goaltender with at least 15 shots faced in shootouts.
- With his goal tonight, Johan Larsson now has a point in each of his last two games against the Panthers.
- Zemgus Girgensons notched two assists tonight to record the 19th two-point game of his career. He now has three assists in his last two games against Florida.
- With primary assists on both of the team’s goals tonight, Kyle Okposo registered his first two-assist game since Nov. 19 at Pittsburgh.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Panthers head coach Joel Quenneville
Panthers forward Mike Hoffman
Panthers goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky