- The Sabres’ seven goals tonight are the second-most they’ve scored in a home opener, trailing only their 9-5 victory over the Boston Bruins on Oct. 10, 1974.
- With a win tonight, Ralph Krueger became the fourth Sabres head coach to earn wins in his first two games as the team’s head coach, joining Marcel Pronovost (Oct. 13-15, 1977), Scotty Bowman (Oct. 11-13, 1979) and Jim Roberts (Dec. 9-12, 1981).
- Victor Olofsson scored two power-play goals against the Devils, marking the first multi-goal game of his career and giving him points in each of the Sabres’ first two games (2+1).
- The Sabres’ three power-play goals are the most they’ve scored in a single game since March 31, 2018 at Nashville, in a 7-4 victory where they tallied four goals with an extra attacker.
- With two points each tonight, Rasmus Dahlin (1+2) and Sam Reinhart (2+1) have both recorded three points in the team’s first two games of the season.
- Marcus Johansson recorded the primary assist on Jeff Skinner’s second-period goal, marking his first point as a Sabre.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Victor Olofsson
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Devils head coach John Hynes
Devils forward Kyle Palmieri
Devils forward Travis Zajac
Devils defenseman Andy Greene