- With his first three-point game (2+1) since 2016-17, Conor Sheary tied his career single-game high. He now has four points (2+2) in his first two games against his former club and five points (2+3) in his last four games overall.
- With his goal tonight, Jack Eichel tied his season high with at least a point in seven straight games (5+4).
- The goal made him the first Sabres player with at least 70 points (23+47) since Jason Pominville recorded 73 points in 2011-12.
- Sam Reinhart assisted on Eichel’s goal and now has 13 points (6+7) in his last 13 games.
- Eichel (4+3) and Reinhart (2+5) have each recorded seven points in their last seven games against the Penguins.
- Kyle Okposo recorded the primary assist on Sheary’s first goal and now has three assists in two games against the Penguins this season.
- Brandon Montour (1+1) recorded his first two points as a member of the Sabres.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Conor Sheary
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Brandon Montour
Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan
Penguins forward Sidney Crosby
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin
Penguins defenseman Marcus Pettersson
Penguins goaltender Matt Murray