- Tonight’s win improved the Sabres to 11-3-2 (.750) at home and 8-2-1 against the Pacific Division this season. They are now 14-3-1 in their last 18 games against the Coyotes, including a 9-2-1 record since the beginning of the 2013-14 season.
- The team’s .750 points percentage at home puts the Sabres on pace for their fifth-best home record ever, and the best since the 1979-80 season (27-5-8, .775).
- Carter Hutton stopped 25 of 26 shots (.962) to earn his sixth consecutive win at home. On the season, he’s 9-2-1 at home with a .928 save percentage and a 2.31 goals-against average.
- With his 22nd goal of the season, Jeff Skinner extended his point streak to four games (2+2). Jack Eichel’s assist on the goal also extended his point streak to four games (5+2).
- Skinner has now totaled eight points (4+4) in his last seven games against the Coyotes.
- Sam Reinhart’s assist on Skinner’s goal extended his career-best point streak to eight games (5+6). It is the Sabres’ longest streak of the season and the third-longest active streak in the NHL.
- Reinhart now has 24 points (8+16) in his last 24 games.
- With their points tonight, Evan Rodrigues and Conor Sheary each have a goal and two assists in their last three games against the Coyotes.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet
Coyotes forward Christian Fischer
Coyotes defenseman Alex Goligoski
Coyotes defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson