- With their 10th win in a row, the Sabres have matched their franchise record for consecutive wins in a season. The record was originally set in January 1984 and tied in October 2006.
- In addition to the three official 10-game winning streaks, the Sabres have twice won at least 10 consecutive regular-season games during streaks that spanned two seasons: 15 games (April 8 to Oct. 26, 2006) and 11 games (April 1 to Oct. 26, 1975).
- The Sabres now have points in 10 straight games for the first time since they recorded points in 11 straight from Dec. 26 to Jan. 18, 2010 (8-0-3).
- Buffalo has won six straight home games for the first time since Nov. 28 to Dec. 15, 2014.
- The Sabres are now 10-0-2 in one-goal games so far this season. Buffalo last won more than half of its one-goal games in a season in 2011-12 (21-9-11). The team’s current .833 winning percentage in one-goal games would top the franchise record of .714 (10-4-0) set in the 1977-78 season.
- Jeff Skinner’s 19th goal of the season tied him for the league lead. He is on pace for 65 goals this season, which would be the second-highest goal total in Sabres history, trailing only Alexander Mogilny (76) in 1992-93.
- With his goal tonight, Rasmus Ristolainen now has five points (1+4) in his last five games.
- Tage Thompson, who registered an assist on Ristolainen’s goal, now has four points (3+1) in his last five games.
- Kyle Okposo recorded the secondary assist on Ristolainen’s goal and now has 15 points (5+10) in 14 career games against San Jose.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Sabres defenseman Nathan Beaulieu
Sharks head coach Peter DeBoer
Sharks forward Evander Kane
Sharks forward Joe Pavelski
Sharks defenseman Brent Burns
Sharks goaltender Martin Jones