- The Sabres are now on their first eight-game winning streak since the team won its first 10 games of the 2006-07 season. Their 9-1-0 record in their last 10 games is also their best 10-game stretch in a season since the beginning of the 2006-07 season.
- Buffalo now has points in eight straight games for the first time since they had points in nine in a row (7-0-2) from March 10 to 27, 2012.
- The Sabres are now on their first five-game home winning streak since they won seven in a row from Nov. 28 to Dec. 15, 2014. The team’s 8-2-1 record at home this season puts them on pace for its best home record since the 1979-80 season (27-5-8).
- The win gives the Sabres their first four-game winning streak against divisional opponents since Nov. 15 to Dec. 2, 2014.
- The Sabres have won all three of their matchups with the Canadiens this season and are now on their first three-game winning streak against Montreal since the Nov. 28, 2014 to Feb. 3, 2015.
- Jeff Skinner scored his 16th and 17th goals of the season and finished the game tied with David Pastrnak for the league lead this season.
- With his goal today, Casey Mittelstadt now has a point in each of his three games against the Canadiens this season (1+2).
- Conor Sheary’s assist on Mittelstadt’s goal has extended his point streak against Montreal to four games (2+2).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Canadiens head coach Claude Julien
Canadiens forward Andrew Shaw
Canadiens defenseman Brett Kulak
Canadiens defenseman Jordie Benn