- With the win, the Sabres improved to 6-0-2 when leading after the first period and 2-6-2 when trailing after two.
- Buffalo is now 5-2-1 against the Pacific Division this season and 4-0-0 in afternoon games.
- The win came in the Sabres’ first shootout of the season. The team is now 71-66 all-time in shootouts.
- Carter Hutton stopped two of three shots in the shootout to improve his career shootout record to 9-5. His nine wins tie for seventh-most among active NHL goaltenders.
- Sam Reinhart recorded two points (1+1) today. The Sabres are now 8-0-0 this season when he records a point and 24-2-3 (.879) in his career when he tallies at least two.
- Rasmus Dahlin (0+2) recorded his first career multi-point game.
- With his assist on Nathan Beaulieu’s goal, Kyle Okposo now has 12 points (2+10) in his last 10 games against the Canucks, including at least a point in each of his last four.
- Rasmus Ristolainen recorded two assists today and now has at least a point in each of his last four meetings with the Canucks.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt
Sabres defenseman Nathan Beaulieu
Canucks head coach Travis Green
Canucks forward Bo Horvat
Canucks defenseman Erik Gudbranson