- The Sabres scored nine goals in a game for the first time since Jan 27, 2009 at Edmonton (10-2 win).
- The last time Buffalo scored nine goals in a home game was Jan. 18, 2008 vs. Atlanta (10-1 win).
- Jason Pominville’s three-point game (2+1) today has extended his point streak to seven games, which is tied for the eighth-longest active streak in the NHL. During his streak, Pominville has 13 points (7+6).
- The streak is Pominville’s longest streak since he posted points in seven straight from March 9 to 20, 2014.
- Since the streak began on Oct. 20, Pominville is tied with linemate Jeff Skinner (8+5) for the NHL lead in points. Eichel (1+11) ranks third in the league during that span.
- In his 10 games since Oct. 13, Skinner is tied for second in the NHL in goals (9) and points (16). This marks the best 10-game stretch of his career.
- Skinner’s nine goals so far this season tie him with Miroslav Satan in 1997-98 for the fourth-most goals in a Sabres player’s first 14 games with the team.
- The three players who have scored more goals through their first 14 career games with the franchise: Rick Vaive in 1988-89 (12), Richard Martin in 1971-72 (10) and Wilf Paiement in 1986-87 (10)
- Conor Sheary (0+2) recorded his 100th career point with his second assist of the game.
- With his two assists today, Sam Reinhart has five points (1+4) in his last four games against the Senators.
- Linus Ullmark made 27 saves to improve to 3-0-1 on the season with a .934 save percentage and a 2.00 goals-against average.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres forward Jeff Skinner
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Senators head coach Guy Boucher
Senators forward Mark Stone
Senators forward Magnus Paajarvi
Senators defenseman Cody Ceci