- The Sabres erased three separate deficits to win tonight. It was the first time Buffalo has accomplished this feat since Jan. 24, 2017, in a 5-4 win at Nashville.
- The Sabres have had each of their last 23 games settled in regulation, dating back to March 15 vs. Toronto. It’s the team’s longest stretch of games that were not tied after 60 minutes since they played 30 in a row from Nov. 10, 1979 to Jan. 16, 1980.
- Jason Pominville scored two goals tonight, recording his 27th career multi-goal game and his first since Oct. 12, 2017 at San Jose.
- Pominville’s second goal was his 497th point as a member of the Sabres, tying Thomas Vanek to rank 10th in franchise history.
- The goal also tied Pominville with Dale Hawerchuk for 14th on the team’s all-time leader board in power-play goals (48).
- Jake McCabe notched two assists tonight and now has five points (1+4) in his last five games, marking the best five-game stretch of his career.
- With three assists, Jeff Skinner extended his point streak to five games (4+4).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Canadiens head coach Claude Julien
Canadiens forward Max Domi
Canadiens defenseman Jordie Benn
Canadiens goaltender Antti Niemi