- Today’s win was the Sabres’ first against the Blackhawks since Dec. 11, 2009, snapping a 0-9-3 slide against Chicago.
- Nicholas Baptiste (two goals) earned his first career game-winning goal and his first career multi-goal performance.
- With his 145th career point today (assist), Rasmus Ristolainen tied Dmitri Kalinin for 14th-most by a Sabres defenseman. He’s now six shy of tying Tyler Myers for 13th.
- Ristolainen now has six assists in his last seven games against the Blackhawks.
- With his goal today, Ryan O’Reilly has now reached the 20-goal mark in each of his three seasons with the Sabres.
- The goal, his 12th power-play tally of the season, moved him into a tie for ninth in the league in power-play goals.
- Sam Reinhart’s fourth three-point performance (1+2) of the season gives him 29 points (12+17) in his last 27 games.
- Jack Eichel, who earned an assist on Ryan O’Reilly’s goal in his first game back from a high-ankle sprain that sidelined him for 15 games, now has 35 points (15+20) in his last 31 games played.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Nicholas Baptiste
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville
Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews
Blackhawks forward Jordan Oesterle