- Today’s loss dropped the Sabres to 13-4-1 all-time in the first home game against teams that joined the league via expansion after 1970.
- With his goal today, Justin Bailey, who had five points (4+1) in his last five games in Rochester (AHL) before being recalled, now has three goals in eight NHL games this season.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s 27 faceoff wins today fell two shy of his franchise-record 29 on Feb. 11 vs. Colorado. He is now on pace to break the NHL single-season faceoff win record (faceoff stats have been recorded since 1997-98).
- O’Reilly now has 10 games as a member of the Sabres with more than 21 wins, breaking the franchise single-game record previously shared by Curtis Brown and Michael Peca.
- O’Reilly’s faceoff win percentage of 81.8 percent today tied the third-best percentage of his career.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Justin Bailey
Sabres forward Benoit Pouliot
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Golden Knights head coach Gerard Gallant
Golden Knights defenseman Deryk Engelland
Golden Knights goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury