- With his shorthanded goal tonight, Benoit Pouliot has scored in consecutive contests. In his last 10 games against the Avalanche, Pouliot has 10 points (5+5), including at least a point in each of the last five (4+2).
- Casey Nelson’s shorthanded marker tonight was the first goal of his NHL career.
- Nelson became the second player in Sabres history to tally his first career goal while shorthanded, joining Kevin O’Shea (3/14/71 at Minnesota).
- Buffalo scored two shorthanded goals in a game for the second time this season (last: Oct. 7 at NY Islanders). The Sabres are now tied for the league lead with nine shorthanded goals this season.
- Ryan O’Reilly led all skaters with three points (1+2), including his 400th NHL point. It was O’Reilly’s 15th career game with at least three points and his third of the season.
- O’Reilly now has 15 points (8+7) in his last 15 games.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Avalanche head coach Jared Bednar
Avalanche forward Tyson Jost
Avalanche forward Colin Wilson