- With tonight’s victory, the Sabres became the 11th NHL franchise to record 1,000 regular-season home wins.
- With a goal and an assist tonight, Jack Eichel now has five points (2+3) in three games against the Islanders this season.
- Eichel finished the game tied for 18th in the league in goals (22) and tied for 17th in points (53) this season.
- Eichel finished the night with 24 primary points (13+11) during 5-on-5 play this season, tying his career-best total set during his 81-game rookie season (12+12).
- Sam Reinhart, who assisted on Buffalo’s first two goals and scored the game-winner, now has 13 points (4+9) in his last 10 games.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s goal was his ninth power-play tally of the season, tying him for fifth-most in the NHL as of the end of tonight’s game. O’Reilly now has 12 points (7+5) in his last 13 games.
- Kyle Okposo’s assist tonight gives him 13 points (3+10) in his last 12 games.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Islanders head coach Doug Weight
Islanders forward John Tavares
Islanders forward Anders Lee
Islanders forward Ross Johnston