- With his goal tonight, Zemgus Girgensons now has two shorthanded goals in his last three games His two shorthanded tallies tie for fifth-most in the NHL this season.
- As a team, the Sabres’ seven shorthanded goals this season tie them for third in the league.
- Casey Nelson registered the lone assist on the Girgensons goal, earning his first point of the season and the first shorthanded point of his career.
- Jack Eichel’s second-period goal was his 50th point of the season. Eichel joins Gilbert Perreault, Rick Martin, Phil Housley and Christian Ruuttu as the only Sabres to record at least 50 points in each of their first three NHL seasons.
- Eichel has now recorded 17 points (11+6) in his last 17 home games, dating back to Nov. 20 vs. Columbus.
- Sam Reinhart’s assists tonight give him 10 points (3+7) in his last nine games.
- Kyle Okposo, who assisted on the Eichel goal, now has 12 points (3+9) in his last 11 games and 10 points (5+5) in 10 career games against Anaheim.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s goal gives him points in four straight meetings with Anaheim (2+2).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle
Ducks goaltender Ryan Miller