|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Thursday, January 25
Buffalo 4 at Vancouver 0
Goals: Reinhart, Baptiste, Okposo, Larsson
Goalie: Lehner (30 saves/30 shots)
PP: 1/3; PK: 2/2; Shots: Vancouver 30 – Buffalo 26
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 181)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 6 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 6 games
Josh Gorges (illness, Jan. 22) – 3 games
Nathan Beaulieu (undisclosed, Jan. 23; injured reserve) – 2 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/26: Assigned D Matt Tennyson to Rochester (AHL)
Thursday, Feb. 1: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 3: St. Louis at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 6: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 8: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
DEVILS at SABRES
- This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New Jersey 4-3 (OT) in New Jersey on Dec. 29, 2017
- The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-5-1 at home.
- This is the 154th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 75-52-26 series record.
- The Sabres are 40-26-11 at home against the Devils all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 9-4-3 all-time on January 30.
- January 30, 2007: Daniel Briere scores his second of two hat tricks as a member of the Sabres as the Sabres defeat the Bruins 7-1 in Buffalo.
- January 30, 2008: Ryan Miller stops all 32 Florida shots and Thomas Vanek scores the lone Buffalo goal as the Sabres defeat the Panthers 1-0 in Florida.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Buffalo returns from the All-Star Break looking to continue a three-game winning streak that began with three wins in Western Canada last week.
- A win tonight would give the Sabres their first four-game winning streak since December 2014. The team last had points in four straight games from Dec. 5 to 12, 2017 (2-0-2).
- The Sabres are looking to post their second straight win against the Devils for the first time since they won consecutive meetings on Jan. 4 and April 1, 2014.
- The Devils have won five straight road games against the Sabres after snapping a four-game losing streak in Buffalo. The Sabres’ last home win against the Devils came on April 1, 2014.
- Rasmus Ristolainen has three points (1+2) in two games against the Devils so far this season.
- Jack Eichel was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week for the week ending Jan. 28 after leading the NHL with five points (2+3) in three games last week and adding three points (1+2) in his first NHL All-Star Game on Sunday.
- With a shutout in each of his starts last week, Robin Lehner earned NHL Third Star of the Week honors for the week ending Jan. 28
- Rasmus Ristolainen has 13 points (3+10) in his last 12 games, dating back to Dec. 29, despite getting a game misconduct after just 5:43 of ice time in one of those games. Ristolainen’s 13 points during that span rank third among NHL defensemen.
- Kyle Okposo has recorded 15 points (4+11) in his last 15 games, including four multi-point games in his last seven contests.
- Ryan O’Reilly has recorded eight points (4+4) in his last eight games.
- Sam Reinhart has totaled seven points (3+4) in his last five games.
THE “S” WORD
- With Robin Lehner’s consecutive shutouts in the team’s last two games, the Sabres have posted shutouts in consecutive games for the first time since Ryan Miller logged two in a row on Feb. 29 and March 1, 2012.
- Lehner has now played 119:26 without allowing a goal, leaving him 7:33 shy of his career-best 126:59, set from Feb. 16 to 21, 2016.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Sabres’ current shutout streak of 173:30 is the team’s longest since the franchise-record 226:24 set from Jan. 16 to 25, 2003.
- Sabres goaltenders Robin Lehner and Chad Johnson have combined to stop all 80 shots faced at even strength in Buffalo’s last three games.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the team’s goaltenders have gone four straight games without allowing an even-strength goal only once in franchise history, when Jhonas Enroth and Michal Neuvirth combined to stop each of the 102 even-strength shots they faced from Nov. 18 to 28, 2014.
- Jack Eichel has totaled 25 points (12+13) in his last 17 games, dating back to Dec. 15.
- During that stretch, Eichel ranks in the top 10 in the league in goals (T-3rd, 12), points (T-1st, 25), even-strength goals (2nd, 10), even-strength points (T-6th, 16) and shots (T-1st, 77).
- Eichel scored at least two goals in four of those 17 games and is tied for ninth in the league with four multi-goal games this season, just two off the league lead.
I LIKE EICH
- Jack Eichel is currently on pace to shatter his personal bests in goals (24), assists (33) and points (57) on the strength of improved production at even strength (T-8th in NHL in ES goals, T-10th in ES points).
- With his 17th even-strength goal in his 44th game of the season on Jan. 11 vs. Columbus, Eichel surpassed his career-best total from 2015-16 (81 games). Through 49 games, Eichel now has 18 even-strength goals.
- With his 35th even-strength point in his 48th game of the season on Jan. 24 at Edmonton, Eichel matched his career-best total from 2015-16 (81 games).
Jack Eichel’s Production by Season
|Season||GP||G||A||PTS||ES G||ES A||ES P|
SETTING THEM UP AND KNOCKING THEM DOWN
- Of Jack Eichel’s 49 points so far this season, 23 have been goals or primary assists recorded during 5-on-5 play (excludes 6-on-5 situations).
- Through 49 games, Eichel’s 23 primary points (12+11) during 5-on-5 play have already surpassed his 61-game total from last season (11+10) and are just one shy of his total from his 81-game rookie season (12+12).
*All primary point stats via NaturalStatTrick.com
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings)
- Eichel: 174 S (T-8th), 18 EVG (T-8th), 35 EVP (T-10th)
- Kane: 3 SHG (T-2nd), 3 SHP (T-5th), 190 S (5th)
- O’Reilly: 707 FOW (1st), 61.4% FO% (1st), 1,151 FO (2nd)
- Ristolainen: 26:14 TOI/GP (4th)
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (109), McCabe (105), Kane (97)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (74), Scandella (73), Ristolainen (63)
Shots: Kane (190), Eichel (174), O’Reilly (128)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 3-5-2 (8), 26/36, 5/36, 29/35
11-20: 2-6-2 (6), 20/35, 5/28, 23/27
21-30: 2-6-2 (6), 18/31, 2/32, 24/32
31-40: 3-4-3 (9), 24/33, 3/25, 23/28
41-50: 4-5-0 (8), 26/28, 9/29, 15/26
OVERTIME RESULTS (3-8; 111-119 all-time)
Oct. 17 at VGK: L, 5-4 (GWG-Perron)
Oct. 21 at BOS: W, 5-4 (GWG-O’Reilly)
Nov. 11 at MTL: L, 2-1 (GWG-Pacioretty)
Nov. 14 at PIT: L, 5-4 (GWG-Sheary)
Dec. 8 at CHI: L, 3-2 (GWG-Forsling)
Dec. 10 at STL: L, 3-2 (GWG-Tarasenko)
Dec. 15 vs. CAR: L, 5-4 (GWG-Slavin)
Dec. 27 at NYI: L, 3-2 (GWG-Barzal)
Dec. 29 at NJD: W, 4-3 (GWG-Ristolainen)
Jan. 1 vs. NYR: L, 3-2 (GWG-Miller)
Jan. 22 at CGY: W, 2-1 (GWG-Eichel)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (0-1; 69-65 all-time)
Oct. 5 vs. MTL: L, 3-2 (GDG-Drouin)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Buffalo Sabres … 1 home win … 1,000 regular-season home wins
Benoit Pouliot … 3 games … 600 career games played
Jack Eichel … 9 games … 200 career games played
Jack Eichel … 6 assists … 100 career assists
Zemgus Girgensons … 6 points … 100 career points
Ryan O’Reilly … 6 points … 400 career points