- Buffalo’s four goals in the third period were the team’s highest single-period total since Dec. 13, 2016 vs. Los Angeles.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Jack Eichel became the first Sabre ever to score two empty-net goals in the same game and the first to record a game-winner on an empty net since Miroslav Satan on Jan. 22, 2004 at Boston.
- After tonight’s 33-save performance, Robin Lehner has a .935 save percentage and a 1.94 goals-against average in 14 home games this season. Among regular NHL goaltenders (min. 10 GP at home), Lehner now ranks first in the league in both stats at home.
- Lehner has now stopped 237 of 252 shots (.940) in his last seven games. In those games, he has also stopped 180 of 188 shots faced during 5-on-5 play (.957), which includes two goals allowed with an opponent’s extra attacker on the ice.
- With two points (1+1) tonight, Ryan O’Reilly now has 16 points (5+11) in 15 career games against the Flyers, including 11 points (3+8) in eight games against Philadelphia as a member of the Sabres.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol
Flyers forward Claude Giroux
Flyers defenseman Travis Sanheim
Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere
Flyers goaltender Brian Elliott