- Jack Eichel’s four-point game (3+1) tied his career high and marked the second time in his career he’s recorded four points in a game (last: Dec. 16, 2015 at Boston). His third goal came on his 11th shot of the game, setting a new career high.
- Eichel now has nine points (4+5) in his last seven games.
- Eichel’s first career hat trick marked the first by a Sabre since Sam Reinhart on Jan. 10, 2016 at Winnipeg and the first and the Sabres’ first hat trick in Buffalo since Thomas Vanek on April 5, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay.
- Jake McCabe recorded a career-best three points (1+2) tonight. It was McCabe’s fourth career multi-point game and his third of the season.
- Evander Kane tied his career high with three assists, earning his third three-point night of the season.
- Kane now has 21 points (8+13) in his last 21 games against the Hurricanes and eight points (2+6) in his last seven games overall.
- The Sabres had three players with at least three points in the same game for the first time since Jan. 31, 2013 vs. Boston (Cody Hodgson, Jason Pominville, Thomas Vanek).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Hurricanes head coach Bill Peters
Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal
Hurricanes forward Derek Ryan
Hurricanes defenseman Jaccob Slavin