|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Monday, November 20
Columbus 3 at Buffalo 2
Goals: Reinhart, Kane
Goalie: Lehner (26 saves/29 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 32 – Columbus 29
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 110)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct.5; injured reserve) – 21 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body, Nov. 4; injured reserve) – 8 games
Matt Tennyson (foot, Nov. 7; injured reserve) – 7 games
Taylor Fedun (lower body, Nov. 17; injured reserve) – 3 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/16: Recalled F Kyle Criscuolo and D Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Taylor Fedun and D Matt Tennyson on IR; Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)
11/17: Activated F Evan Rodrigues from IR; Assigned Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
11/22: Activated F Jacob Josefson from IR
Friday, Nov. 24: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 28: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 1: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 2: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
WILD at SABRES
- This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
- Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Minnesota 2-1 in Minnesota on Nov. 1, 2016
- Next meeting: Thursday, Jan. 4 in Minnesota
- The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 2-7-1 at home
- This is the 21st game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has a 9-10-1 series record.
- The Sabres are 2-7-1 at home against the Wild all-time.
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 8-9-3 all-time on November 22.
- November 22, 2000: The Sabres introduce their first-ever alternate jersey, a red jersey whose logo was a tribute to the original team logo.
- November 22, 2002: Ryan Miller makes 17 saves to earn his first NHL win in a 5-4 victory against Columbus.
- November 22, 2005: The Sabres retire Danny Gare’s number 18 before a matchup with the New York Rangers.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- If he dresses, tonight will be Johan Larsson’s 200th career NHL game.
- Victor Antipin has three assists in his last four games.
- Ryan O’Reilly is on a three-game point streak and has eight points in nine games so far in November. With a multi-point game tonight, he would be on track for his first point-per-game month since April 2016.
- Robin Lehner is 2-3-1 in seven appearances at home this season with a .944 save percentage and a 1.74 goals-against average.
- The road team has won 15 of the 20 games all-time between the Sabres and Wild, including each of the last five.
- Robin Lehner is 2-0-1 against the Wild in his career with a .965 save percentage and a 0.97 goals-against average.
- Evander Kane has four points (1+3) in four games against Minnesota since the beginning of the 2014-15 season.
- Seth Griffith set career highs with two goals and three points against the Wild on Oct. 28, 2014.
THE KANE EVENT
- After recording 11 points in 11 games during October for his first point-per-game month since January 2014, Evander Kane has eight points through nine games in November.
- Kane has scored 12 goals in his first 21 games played this season, tying him for fifth in the league.
- Of his 12 goals, eight have come at even strength and three were shorthanded goals. Kane’s eight even-strength goals tie for ninth in the league.
- Since the beginning of the 2016-17 season, Kane has scored 40 goals in 91 games. Those 40 goals tie for 17th in the league during that span and his 33 even-strength goals tie for seventh.
*All rankings before 11/21 games
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/21 games)
- Eichel: 2 SHP (T-3rd)
- Kane: 3 SHG (1st), 3 SHP (T-1st), 96 S (3rd), 12 G (T-5th), 8 ESG (T-9th)
- O’Reilly: 315 FOW (1st), 515 FO (2nd), 61.2% FO% (2nd)
- Pouliot: 3 GWG (T-8th)
- Ristolainen: 27:09 TOI/GP (1st)
- Tyler Ennis posted 236 points (97+139) in 419 games for the Sabres from 2009-2017 after Buffalo made him the 26th overall pick in the first round of the 2008 NHL Draft.
- Buffalo selected Marcus Foligno in the fourth round (104th overall) of the 2009 NHL Draft, and he went on to record 116 points (49+67) in 345 games for the Sabres from 2011-2017.
- Chris Stewart spent two seasons with the Sabres, posting 25 points (11+14) in 66 games. Stewart was traded to the Wild on March 2, 2015 in exchange for a 2017 second-round selection.
- Justin Falk was Minnesota’s fourth-round pick (110th overall) in the 2007 NHL Draft. In 121 games for the Wild from 2009-2013, Falk recorded 15 points (1+14) and 107 penalty minutes.
- Johan Larsson was Minnesota’s second-round pick (56th overall) in the 2010 NHL Draft. He only played one game for the Wild before being traded to Buffalo as part of the Jason Pominville trade.
- Matt Moulson spent part of the 2013-14 season with the Wild, tallying 13 points (6+7) in 20 games and adding three points (1+2) in 10 playoff games.
- After starting his career in Buffalo, Jason Pominville was traded to the Wild on April 3, 2013. In 327 games for Minnesota from 2013-2017, Pominville recorded 206 points (76+130) and a plus-24 rating.
- Benoit Pouliot recorded 18 points (9+9) in 65 games for the Wild after Minnesota selected him in the first round (4th overall) of the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Teammates with Charlie Coyle for the Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) during the 2011-12 season.
- Represented the United States alongside Charlie Coyle and Mike Reilly in the 2015 World Championship.
- Played with Jared Spurgeon for the Spokane Chiefs (WHL) from 2005-2008.
- Teammates with Tyler Ennis for Team Canada at the 2009 World Junior Championship.
- Represented Canada alongside Devan Dubnyk in the 2011 and 2012 World Championship.
- Played with Charlie Coyle and Jason Zucker for the United States National Team Development Program from 2009-2010.
- Represented the United States alongside Mike Reilly at the 2013 World Junior Championship.
- Teammates with Kyle Quincey for the Los Angeles Kings during the 2008-09 season.
- Played with Nino Niederreiter for the New York Islanders from 2010-2012.
- Represented the United States alongside Ryan Suter at the 2009 World Championship.
- Played with Nino Niederreiter for the New York Islanders from 2010-2012.
- Teammates with Kyle Quincey for the Colorado Avalanche from 2009-2012. Chris Stewart was also on the team from 2009-2011 and Daniel Winnick was on the team from 2010-2012.
- Represented Canada alongside Devan Dubnyk in the 2012 and 2013 World Championship. Eric Staal was also a part of the 2013 squad.
- He and Tyler Ennis were both members of Team Canada at the 2015 World Championship.
- Teammates with Matt Dumba for Team Canada during the 2016 World Championship.
- Represented Canada alongside Matt Dumba in the 2014 World Junior Championship and the 2016 World Championship.
- Kyle Okposo (7th overall) and Chris Stewart (18th overall) were selected in the first round of the 2006 NHL Draft.
- Johan Larsson (56th overall) and Jason Zucker (59th overall) were both second-round selections in the 2010 NHL Draft.
- Nathan Beaulieu (17th overall) and Jonas Brodin (10th overall) were both taken in the first round of the 2011 NHL Draft.
- Zemgus Girgensons (14th overall) and Mathew Dumba (7th overall) were both first-round selections in the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Jack Eichel (2nd overall) and Joel Eriksson Ek (20th overall) were both taken in the first round of the 2015 NHL Draft.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Kane (44), Ristolainen (38), Falk/Pouliot (36)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (31), Scandella (31), Falk (22)
Shots: Kane (96), Eichel (67), O’Reilly (54)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 3-5-2 (8), 26/36, 5/36, 29/35
11-20: 2-6-2 (6), 20/35, 5/28, 23/27
21-30: 0-1-0 (0), 2/3, 0/3, 1/1
OVERTIME RESULTS (1-3; 109-114 all-time)
Oct. 17 at VGK: L, 5-4 (GWG-Perron)
Oct. 21 at BOS: W, 5-4 (GWG-O’Reilly)
Nov. 11 at MTL: L, 2-1 (GWG-Pacioretty)
Nov. 14 at PIT: L, 5-4 (GWG-Sheary)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (0-1; 69-65 all-time)
Oct. 5 vs. MTL: L, 3-2 (GDG-Drouin)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Buffalo Sabres … 5 home wins … 1,000 regular-season home wins
Johan Larsson … 1 game … 200 career games played
Zemgus Girgensons … 5 games … 300 career games played
Marco Scandella … 6 games … 400 career games played
Ryan O’Reilly … 9 games … 600 career games played
Matt Moulson … 7 assists … 200 career assists
Rasmus Ristolainen … 8 assists … 100 career assists
Sam Reinhart … 1 point … 100 career points
Marco Scandella … 5 points … 100 career points
Kyle Criscuolo … 1st NHL game … Nov. 17 at DET