- At 18:14 of the third period, the NHL Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Columbus net. The referee informed the Situation Room that he deemed the play dead before the puck reached the goal line. This is not a reviewable play and therefore the referee’s call on the ice stood- no goal Buffalo.
- With his goal tonight, Sam Reinhart now has a point in five of his last six games against the Blue Jackets (4+1).
- Victor Antipin’s assist on Reinhart’s goal gives him three assists in his last four games.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s assist gives him a three-game point streak and nine points (4+5) in his last 10 games.
- Evander Kane’s 12th goal of the season ties him for fifth in the NHL. He now has 10 points (6+4) in his last 10 games against Columbus, dating back to the beginning of the 2013-14 season.
- Jack Eichel recorded his 11th primary assist of the season tonight while leading all Sabres forwards in ice time with 20:54. He is now tied for fifth in the league in primary assists.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella
Blue Jackets forward Boone Jenner
Blue Jackets forward Pierre-Luc Dubois
Blue Jackets defenseman Markus Nutivaara
Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky