|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Saturday, November 4
Buffalo 1 at Dallas 5
Goalie: Lehner (4 saves/7 shots); Johnson (13 saves/15 shots)
PP: 0/4; PK: 0/1; Shots: Buffalo 28 – Dallas 22
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 69)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Evan Rodrigues (hand, Oct. 5; injured reserve) – 14 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct.5; injured reserve) – 14 games
Jacob Josefson (lower body, Oct. 17; injured reserve) – 8 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Oct. 20; injured reserve) – 7 games
Nathan Beaulieu (upper body, Oct. 21; injured reserve) – 6 games
Justin Bailey (lower body, Nov. 2; injured reserve) – 2 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body, Nov. 4) – 1 game
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/1: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL); Activated D Justin Falk from IR; Placed D Nathan Beaulieu on IR
11/7: Recalled D Zach Redmond from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Justin Bailey on IR
Friday, Nov. 10: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 11: Buffalo at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 14: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 18: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
CAPITALS at SABRES
- This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Capitals this season.
- Next meeting: Monday, Feb. 19 in Buffalo
- The Sabres are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 4-3-3 at home.
- This is the 156th game all-time between Buffalo and Washington; Buffalo has an 87-48-20 series record.
- The Sabres are 46-22-9 at home against the Capitals all-time
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 7-13-3 all-time on November 7.
- November 7, 1981: John Van Boxmeer records five points (3+2) in a 6-2 win at NYI. Van Boxmeer shares the record for most points recorded in a single game by a Sabres defenseman with Phil Housley.
- November 7, 1986: Gilbert Perreault scores the final two goals of his NHL career in a 7-6 loss vs. VAN. Perreault’s 512 goals as a member of the Sabres still stand as the franchise record, 130 more than the next closest player (Rick Martin-382).
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Ryan O’Reilly has 11 points (5+6) in his last nine games entering tonight.
- Kyle Okposo has six points (3+3) in his last five games against the Capitals.
- Jason Pominville has six points (3+3) in his last six games against Washington.
- Benoit Pouliot has four points (3+1) in his last four games against the Capitals.
- Evander Kane has six career two-point games against the Washington.
SABRES AMONG LEAGUE-LEADERS (Sabres’ league rankings before 11/6 games)
- Kane: 3 SHG (1st), 69 S (1st)
- O’Reilly: 209 FOW (1st), 344 FO (2nd), 60.8% FO% (3rd), 3 PPG (T-8th)
- Ristolainen: 27:09 TOI/GP (2nd)
- Phil Housley played for Washington from 1996 to 1998, posting 71 points (17+54) in 141 games played.
- Chris Hajt played five games for the Capitals during the 2003-04 season.
- Brooks Orpik grew up in Amherst, New York and attended Nichols High School.
- Represented Russia alongside Evgeny Kuznetsov at the 2012 World Junior Championship and the 2016 World Championship.
- Teammates with Alex Ovechkin for Team Russia at the 2015 and 2016 World Championships.
- Played with Brett Connolly for the Boston Bruins from 2014-2016.
- Played with Nicklas Backstrom for Team Sweden at the 2012 World Championship.
- Teammates with Alex Chiasson for the Ottawa Senators during the 2014-15 season
- Represented the United States alongside Taylor Chorney at the 2007 World Junior Championship and the 2010 World Championship.
- Played with T.J. Oshie for the United States at the 2009 and 2010 World Championships.
- Teammates with Aaron Ness for the New York Islanders from 2011-2014.
- Teammates with Brett Connolly for Canada at the 2009 World U18 Championship.
- Played with T.J. Oshie for the United States at the 2009 World Championship.
- Played with Brett Connolly for the Tampa Bay Lightning during the 2012-13 season.
- Benoit Pouliot (4th overall), Alex Ovechkin (1st overall) and J. Oshie (24th overall) were all first-round picks in the 2005 NHL Draft.
- Kyle Okposo (7th overall) was selected three picks after Nicklas Backstrom (4th overall) in the first round of the 2006 NHL Draft.
- Marco Scandella (55th overall) and Aaron Ness (40th overall) were both second-round picks in the 2008 NHL Draft.
- Evander Kane (4th overall) and Marcus Johansson (24th overall) were both first-round picks in the 2009 NHL Draft.
- Ryan O’Reilly (33rd overall), Robin Lehner (46th overall), Alex Chiasson (38th overall) and Dimitry Orlov (55th overall) were second-round picks in the 2009 NHL Draft.
- The 2010 NHL Draft saw both Johan Larsson (56th overall) and Devante Smith-Pelly (42nd overall) go off the board in the second round.
- Zemgus Girgensons (14th overall) and Tom Wilson (16th overall) were both chosen in the first round of the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Sam Reinhart (2nd overall) and Jakub Vrana (13th overall) were both first-round picks in the 2014 NHL Draft.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Ristolainen (38), Kane (31), Pouliot (27)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (23), Scandella (22), Ristolainen (15)
Shots: Kane (69), Eichel (42), O’Reilly (36)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 3-5-2 (8), 26/36, 5/36, 29/35
11-20: 1-3-0 (2), 9/17, 1/12, 6/8
OVERTIME RESULTS (1-1; 109-112 all-time)
Oct. 17 at VGK: L, 5-4 (GWG-Perron)
Oct. 21 at BOS: W, 5-4 (GWG-O’Reilly)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (0-1; 69-65 all-time)
Oct. 5 vs. MTL: L, 3-2 (GDG-Drouin)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Johan Larsson … 8 games … 200 career games played
Matt Moulson … 7 assists … 200 career assists
Rasmus Ristolainen … 10 assists … 100 career assists
Sam Reinhart … 5 points … 100 career points
Marco Scandella … 8 points … 100 career points