- Tonight’s loss dropped the Sabres to 6-11-1 in the second game of a back-to-back series this season.
- With tonight’s win, the Maple Leafs have won two games in Buffalo in a season for the first time since 2007-08.
- The Sabres are now 18-3-1 in their last 22 home games against the Maple Leafs.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s goal was his sixth career shorthanded goal and his first since March 29, 2016 at Pittsburgh.
- O’Reilly now has three points (2+1) in his last two games against Toronto and 29 points (11+18) in his last 27 home games.
- With his 20th tally of the season, O’Reilly has recorded back-to-back 20-goal campaigns for the first time in his career.
- Jack Eichel’s goal gives him nine points (4+5) in seven career games against the Maple Leafs and 35 points (14+21) in 31 home games this season
- The goal was Eichel’s 24th of the season in his 58th game and matched his total from his 81-game rookie season.
- With his assist on Eichel’s goal, Sam Reinhart has totaled five points (1+4) in five games against Toronto this season.
- Anders Nilsson’s 39-save relief performance propelled him to eighth in the league with a .923 save percentage this season.
|Updated Season Stats|