- The Sabres are now 8-1-1 in their last nine games against Atlantic Division opponents, including a 4-0-1 record at KeyBank Center. It is the team’s best 10-game stretch against divisional opponents since the 2010-11 season.
- Brian Gionta appeared in his 1,000th NHL game tonight, becoming the 312th NHL player (23rd active player) to play in 1,000 games. He is also the 43rd American player to reach the milestone and the 10th player to do so as a member of the Sabres.
- With his goal, Gionta became the third Sabres player to score in his 1,000th NHL game, joining Gilbert Perreault (1/29/1984 vs. Pittsburgh) and Phil Russell (3/12/1986 at Chicago).
- With his goal, Ryan O’Reilly now has 15 points (6+9) in his last 13 games against the Panthers.
- Dating back to Nov. 11, O’Reilly now has 29 points (10+19) in his last 29 games at KeyBank Center.
- Jack Eichel’s two-assist night gives him 34points (11+23) in 26 games since his last two-game stretch without a point, from Jan. 31 and Feb. 2.
- Eichel now has 32 assists in 55 games this season, tying last year’s total in 26 fewer games.
- Zach Bogosian now has five career goals against Florida, his highest total against any NHL team.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres defenseman Josh Gorges
Panthers head coach Tom Rowe
Panthers forward Reilly Smith
Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau
Panthers defenseman Keith Yandle