- After tonight’s Sabres win, the home team has won 24 of the last 28 games between Buffalo and Toronto.
- The Sabres are now 18-2-1 in their last 21 home games against the Maple Leafs, who haven’t won in consecutive visits to Buffalo since March 21 and Dec. 21, 2008.
- With two goals and an assist, Jack Eichel recorded his fifth three-point game of the season and the sixth of his career.
- It was Eichel’s 11th multi-point game in his last 33 games. The Sabres improved to 13-2-0 this season (and 22-5-0 in his career) when Eichel records at least two points.
- Eichel now has eight points (3+5) in six career games against the Maple Leafs.
- The Sabres improved to 10-0-1 in 2016-17 when Ryan O’Reilly (1+1) records two or more points in a game.
- Dmitry Kulikov, playing in his 500th NHL game tonight, notched his 10th career power-play goal and his first since Feb. 10, 2015 vs. Anaheim.
- With his goal, Evander Kane now has nine points (7+2) in his last nine games against the Maple Leafs.
- Sam Reinhart’s assist tonight gave him four points (1+3) in four games against the Maple Leafs this season.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres defenseman Zach Bogosian
Sabres defenseman Dmitry Kulikov
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock
Maple Leafs forward Auston Matthews
Maple Leafs forward Connor Brown
Maple Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly
Maple Leafs goaltender Curtis McElhinney