- Tonight’s win was the Sabres’ first regulation win in a game in which they trailed by three or more goals since Dec. 29, 2009 vs. Pittsburgh (4-3 win).
- With the last five goals tonight, the Sabres scored five or more unanswered goals for the first time since Dec. 26, 2015 at Boston (6-3 win).
- With his goal, Jake McCabe has a point in each of his last two games against Columbus and six points (2+4) in his last eight games overall.
- Matt Moulson now has 10 power-play goals this season. It’s the second-highest total of his career and the most he’s had since 2011-12 (14).
- Evander Kane’s two-point night gives him nine points (5+4) in his last seven games against the Blue Jackets.
- With two points tonight, Jack Eichel now has six points (2+4) in five career games against Columbus.
- Eichel leads the league in points (25) and assists (19) since the beginning of February.
- Eichel has 29 points (11+18) in 25 home games this season, including nine multi-point outings.
- The Sabres are now 12-2-0 this season (and 21-5-0 in Eichel’s career) when he has at least two points.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella
Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno
Blue Jackets forward Sam Gagner
Blue Jackets goaltender Joonas Korpisalo