- With the win, the Sabres improved to 11-2-1 in their last 14 games against the Coyotes, including a 6-1-1 record since the beginning of the 2013-14 season.
- Marcus Foligno’s fourth career shorthanded goal was his 11th of the season, marking a new career high.
- Foligno also scored an empty-net goal, marking his seventh career two-goal game and his first since Feb. 12, 2016.
- With a goal and two assists tonight, Jack Eichel now has a point in eight straight games (2+9), extending his career-high streak.
- The Sabres improved to 11-1-0 this season — and 20-4-0 in his career — when Eichel records at least two points.
- Eichel finished the game tied with Patrick Kane for the league lead with 19 points since the beginning of February.
- Evander Kane scored his 22nd even-strength goal of the season. Kane finished the game tied for fifth among all NHL players in even-strength goals this season despite not scoring his first until Dec. 3.
- Kyle Okposo left tonight’s game with an upper-body injury.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett
Coyotes forward Teemu Pulkkinen
Coyotes forward Tobias Rieder
Coyotes defenseman Alex Goligoski