- Today’s game was the seventh of eight afternoon games (3 p.m. ET or earlier) for the Sabres this season. The team is 5-2-0 in the first seven and was 6-3-2 in 11 afternoon games last season.
- With the win, the Sabres have improved to 8-2-1 at home in 2017.
- Evander Kane recorded two points (1+1) today, giving him 14 points (8+6) in his last 13 games.
- Kane’s goal tied him for sixth in the NHL with 19 even-strength goals this season.
- With 20 goals in 47 games this season, Kane has already matched his total from 2015-16 (65 GP).
- Nicholas Baptiste recorded his first career multi-point game (1+1), including his first NHL assist.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s power-play goal gave him seven points (3+4) in his last seven games, including a point in each of his last four.
- Rasmus Ristolainen recorded his 100th NHL point with an assist on O’Reilly’s goal, becoming the third-youngest Sabres defenseman ever to reach that milestone.
- With his assist, Jack Eichel has 17 points (5+12) in his last 17 games. He also has 18 points (7+11) in 19 home contests this season.
- Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 39 shots and now has a .935 save percentage in 2017 (15 games).
- As of the end of the game, his .926 save percentage ranked fourth in the NHL on the season.
- Injury Update: Sam Reinhart missed this afternoon’s game due to an illness.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Nicholas Baptiste
Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner
Blues head coach Mike Yeo
Blues forward Kyle Brodziak
Blues defenseman Joel Edmundson
Blues defenseman Colton Parayko