- After the team’s win on Dec. 27 at Detroit, the Sabres now have wins in consecutive matchups with the Red Wings for the first time since March 6, 1994 and Nov. 1, 1995.
- The Sabres have now earned two wins in a season against the Red Wings for the first time since they won both matchups in the 1989-90 season.
- The Sabres have wins in four straight home games for the first time since the team won six in a row at home from Nov. 28 to Dec. 15, 2014.
- Rasmus Ristolainen logged 35:24 of ice time tonight, topping his previous career-high total of 30:22 (1/7/17 vs. Winnipeg) by 5:02.
- Ristolainen’s 35:24 of ice time is the highest in the NHL since Erik Karlsson skated 36:34 for Ottawa on Dec. 20, 2015.
- With his goal, Sam Reinhart now has a point in six straight home games (2+6), good for the longest home point streak of his career.
- Reinhart also now has 14 points in his last 15 games (4+10), marking the best 15-game stretch of his career.
- With two assists tonight, Jack Eichel now has 11 points (6+5) in 12 home games this season and six points (3+3) in his last five games against Detroit.
- The Sabres have improved to 14-3-1 (.806) when Eichel tallies two or more points in a game.
- Rasmus Ristolainen recorded his 25th assist of the season on Reinhart’s goal and now has eight assists in his last eight games against the Red Wings.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres goaltender Anders Nilsson
Red Wings head coach Jeff Blashill
Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg
Red Wings forward Darren Helm
Red Wings defenseman Danny Dekeyser
Red Wings goaltender Petr Mrazek