- The Sabres improved to 8-3-2 against the Western Conference this season, including points in each of their last six games (5-0-1) and wins in each of their last five home games against the West.
- Tyler Ennis scored just 19 seconds into his return to the lineup after missing 30 games with a groin injury.
- Ennis now has eight points (4+4) in his last seven games against the Stars.
- Jake McCabe logged his first goal since March 29, 2016 at Pittsburgh. It was his first career power-play goal and his first career game-winning goal.
- Jack Eichel’s power-play goal came on his eighth shot of the game, tying a career high. Eichel finished the game with 10 shots, setting the team’s single-game high for the season.
- Eichel also set a career high with 13 faceoff wins, going 13-for-19 (68.4%).
- Eichel also scored two goals tonight. The Sabres have improved to 18-7-2 (.704) in Eichel’s career when he scores a goal and 13-3-1 (.794) when he tallies two or more points in a game.
- Sam Reinhart earned his 19th assist of the season on Eichel’s goal, matching his total from the entire 2015-16 season.
|Updated Season Stats|
Stars head coach Lindy Ruff
Stars forward Patrick Sharp
Stars forward Jamie Benn
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Tyler Ennis
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe