- With the win, the Sabres improved to 5-2-2 in their last nine games.
- The Sabres are now 8-1-3 in their last 12 home games against Western Conference opponents.
- The Sabres have defeated the Oilers twice in a season for the first time since going 2-1-0 in the season series in 1985-86. Buffalo last swept the season series against Edmonton in 2011-12, when the Sabres earned a win in the lone game between the teams for the seventh consecutive season (2005-06 to 2011-12; no matchups in 2007-08).
- With two goals, Evander Kane now has a point in four of his last five games (3+2), including at least one in each of his last three home games.
- Brian Gionta’s goal gave him eight points (4+4) in his last seven games against the Oilers.
- With the game-winning goal and two assists, Rasmus Ristolainen now has seven points (1+6) in his last five games and eight points (2+6) in his last six games against the Oilers.
- Ristolainen finished the game tied for 16th in the NHL with 15 assists and tied for ninth among NHL defensemen with 16 points.
- Ryan O’Reilly recorded two assists tonight and now has six points (2+4) in his last five games.
- O’Reilly has 23 points (9+14) in his last 20 games against Edmonton, including points in five straight (5+6).
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen
Oilers head coach Todd McLellan
Oilers forward Connor McDavid
Oilers forward Drake Caggiula
Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl