|Game Notes||NHL Stats||Press Clips|
Saturday, November 5
Buffalo 2 at Ottawa 1
Goals: Okposo, Reinhart
Goalie: Lehner (32 saves/33 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 3/4; Shots: Ottawa 33 – Buffalo 32
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 45)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 11 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 11 games
Evander Kane (cracked ribs, Oct. 16; injured reserve) – 10 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30) – 4 games
Hudson Fasching (groin, Nov. 1) – 3 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 2 games
TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/1: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Evander Kane on IR
11/2: Assigned F Justin Bailey and F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)
11/3: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL)
11/4: Recalled F William Carrier from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Justin Bailey to Rochester
Wednesday, Nov. 9: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 11: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 pm.
Tuesday, Nov. 15: Buffalo at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 17: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
SABRES at BRUINS
- This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
- Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo, 2-1 (OT), in Boston on Feb. 6
- Next meeting: Saturday, Dec. 3 Buffalo
- The Sabres are 3-3-4 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-3-3 on the road.
- This is the 282nd game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 121-116-44 series record.
- The Sabres are 48-70-21 on the road against the Bruins all-time.
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
- The Sabres are 7-12-3 all-time on November 7.
- November 7, 1981: John Van Boxmeer records five points (3+2) in a 6-2 win at NYI. Van Boxmeer shares the record for most points recorded in a single game by a Sabres defenseman with Phil Housley.
- November 7, 1986: Gilbert Perreault scores the final two goals of his NHL career in a 7-6 loss vs. VAN. Perreault’s 512 goals as a member of the Sabres still stand as the franchise record, 130 more than the next closest player (Rick Martin-38).
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Buffalo was ranked second in the NHL in faceoff percentage (54.4%) entering play Sunday.
- The Sabres’ power play is 8-for-36 (22.2%) on the season, ranking ninth in the league entering Sunday night’s games.
- If he plays, tonight’s game will be Sam Reinhart’s 100th career NHL game.
- The Sabres have points in their last four road games against the Bruins (2-0-2), dating back to Dec. 21, 2014. It’s the first time the team has had points in four straight visits to Boston since they had points in five straight from Oct. 21, 2006 to Nov. 1, 2007 (3-0-2).
- In last four games, Robin Lehner has logged a 3-1-0 record with a .961 save percentage and a 1.26 goals-against average.
- Robin Lehner has faced Boston more times than any other NHL team. In 13 career games against the Bruins, Lehner has logged a 3-6-3 record with a .925 save percentage and a 2.65 goals-against average.
- Kyle Okposo has totaled 22 points (4+18) in 23 career games against the Bruins, including six points (2+4) in his last four games in Boston.
- Ryan O’Reilly has six points (3+3) in his last five games against the Bruins.
- Tyler Ennis has four points (1+3) in his last four games against Boston.
- Sam Reinhart has scored in each of his last two games against the Bruins.
SABRES IN THE TOP 10
- Ryan O’Reilly ranked second among all NHL forwards with an average ice time of 22:22 per game entering play Sunday. O’Reilly finished the 2015-16 season ranked first among forwards with 21:44 of ice time per game and has averaged 20:46 per game since the beginning of the 2014-15 season, leading all NHL forwards during that time frame.
- O’Reilly entered play Sunday ranked second in the NHL in faceoffs won (167) and seventh among players with at least 100 faceoffs in win percentage (61.4%). He finished in the top 10 in both categories in 2015-16.
- Entering play Sunday, Matt Moulson was tied for the NHL lead with four power-play goals.
- Rasmus Ristolainen was tied for ninth among all NHL skaters with eight assists this season and tied for seventh among all NHL skaters with six power-play points before Sunday’s games.
- Ristolainen ranked ninth among all NHL skaters in average ice time per game (25:19) before Sunday’s games.
- The Sabres and the Buffalo Bills are playing on the same day for the final of three times this season after doing so three times last season. The other two dates were Oct. 16 and Oct. 30.
- The teams have played on the same date 214 times, with both teams winning their respective games on 48 of those days.
- The Sabres are 115-66-33 when playing on a Bills game day and the Bills are 91-121-2 on those dates.
- If both teams win today, the Sabres and Bills will both have won on the same date twice in the same season for the first time since Nov. 5 and Nov. 26, 2006.
- Tim Schaller spent two seasons with the Sabres, splitting his time between Buffalo and Rochester. He appeared in 35 games for the Sabres in his two seasons, logging five points (2+3).
- Dominic Moore appeared in 18 games for the Sabres in 2008-09, racking up four points (1+3).
- Shares a hometown of Ottawa, Ontario with Ryan Spooner.
- Shares a hometown of Edmonton, Alberta with Joe Morrow.
- Represented the United States alongside Brandon Carlo at the 2015 World Junior Championship.
- Represented Canada with Brad Marchand at the 2007 World Junior Championship.
- Played with John-Michael Liles for the Toronto Maple Leafs from 2011-2014.
- Teammates with Dominic Moore for the Montreal Canadiens during the 2009-10 season.
- Represented the United States at the 2005 World Championship and the 2006 Olympics with John-Michael Liles.
- Skated alongside Dominic Moore for the Montreal Canadiens during the 2009-10 season.
- Played with Torey Krug for Michigan State University (NCAA) from 2009-2011.
- Was a member of the Florida Panthers with Jimmy Hayes from 2013-2015.
- Teammates with Dominic Moore for the Florida Panthers during part of the 2009-10 season.
- Played with Sean Kuraly for the United States at the 2013 World Junior Championship.
- Represented the United States with Jimmy Hayes at the 2014 World Championship.
- Teammates with David Backes on the St. Louis Blues during the 2015-16 season.
- Represented Canada alongside Brad Marchand at the 2016 World Championship.
- Teammates with John-Michael Liles for the Colorado Avalanche from 2009-2011.
- Skated alongside David Backes as members of the United States at the 2009 World Championship.
- Represented Canada alongside Brad Marchand at the 2016 World Championship.
- Johan Larsson (56th overall) and Ryan Spooner (45th overall) were both second-round selections in the 2010 NHL Draft.
- Sam Reinhart (second overall) and David Pastrnak (25th overall) were both first-round selections in the 2014 NHL Draft.
SABRES REAL-TIME STATS LEADERS
Hits: Foligno (32), Gorges (26), Ristolainen (22)
Blocked Shots: Gorges (22), Ristolainen (20), Bogosian (15)
Shots: O’Reilly (37), Moulson (33), Ennis (29)
SABRES’ RECORD IN 10 GAME SEGMENTS [W-L-OTL (PTS), GF/GA, PP, PK]
1-10: 4-4-2 (10), 23/24, 8/35, 26/31
11-20: 1-0-0 (2), 2/1, 0/1, 3/4
OVERTIME RESULTS (0-1; 102-106 all-time)
Oct. 18 at EDM: L, 4-3 (GWG-Monahan)
SHOOTOUT RESULTS (0-1; 67-59 all-time)
Oct. 25 at PHI: L, 4-3 (GDG-Giroux)
MILESTONES APPROACHING (Player … Needs … Milestone)
Dan Bylsma … 6 games … 500 NHL games
Dan Bylsma … 8 wins … 300 NHL wins
Sam Reinhart … 1 game … 100 NHL games
Jake McCabe … 3 games … 100 NHL games
Josh Gorges … 6 games … 700 NHL games
Tyler Ennis … 7 goals … 100 NHL goals
Ryan O’Reilly … 1 assist … 200 NHL assists
Marcus Foligno … 3 points … 100 NHL points
William Carrier … 1st NHL Game … Nov. 5 at OTT