- Anders Nilsson made 33 saves today to earn his second career shutout (last: 24 saves, March 4, 2012 vs. New Jersey).
- The shutout was Buffalo’s first since Feb. 19 at Columbus (4-0) and the team’s first at home since Dec. 17, 2015 vs. Anaheim (3-0).
- Nilsson becomes the 23rd goaltender in franchise history to record a shutout.
- With his assist on Kyle Okposo’s goal, Rasmus Ristolainen now leads the Sabres with seven points and finished the game tied for second in the NHL with seven assists this season.
- At the conclusion of today’s game, Ristolainen‘s six power-play points this season tied him with Claude Giroux and Phil Kessel for most in the NHL.
- Okposo now has a point in nine of his last 11 games against the Panthers (4+5), including a goal in each of the last two.
- With a goal and an assist today, Sam Reinhart now has five points (4+1) in his last four games against Florida. Ristolainen’s assist gives him five assists in his last five games against Florida.
- Matt Moulson tallied his fifth power-play point (assist) of the season, tying him for third-most power-play points in the league as of the end of the game.
- With Vincent Trocheck’s unsuccessful penalty shot, the Sabres have now allowed 21 goals on 62 regular-season penalty shots in franchise history.
|Updated Season Stats|
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres goaltender Anders Nilsson
Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant
Panthers forward Scott Thornton
Panthers defenseman Keith Yandle