- Jason Kasdorf, Evan Rodrigues and Cole Schneider all made their NHL debuts tonight.
- Excluding season-openers, the Sabres had never before had three or more players make their NHL debuts in the same game.
- The last time the Sabres had three or more players make their NHL debuts in the same game was Oct. 8, 1992 (Richard Smehlik, Yuri Khmylev, Philippe Boucher and Viktor Gordiouk).
- Williamsville, NY native Cole Schneider became the sixth player born in the Buffalo area to appear in a regular-season game for the Sabres, joining Justin Bailey, Marcus Foligno, Patrick Kaleta, Tim Kennedy and Scott Thomas.
- Sam Reinhart’s 23rd goal of the season has moved him into sole-possession of eighth place in Sabres history for goals by a rookie. He broke a tie with Christian Ruuttu (1986-87), John Tucker (1984-85) and Peter McNab (1974-75).
- With his assist on Reinhart’s goal, Jack Eichel now has 31 assists this season, tying him with Danny Gare (1974-75) for eighth-most by a rookie in Sabres history.
- Eichel now has 55 points (24+31) this season, tying J.F. Sauve (1981-82) for eighth-most points by a Sabres rookie all-time.
- With tonight’s assist, Eichel has four points (1+3) in three games against Columbus this season.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres goaltender Jason Kasdorf
Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella
Blue Jackets Brandon Saad
Blue Jackets defenseman David Savard
Blue Jackets goaltender Joonas Korpisalo