- With tonight’s win, the Sabres improved to 7-4-4 (.600) in March, making it the team’s best month since April 2013 (8-4-0).
- The Sabres improved to 17-1-1 in their last 19 home games against the Maple Leafs, including wins in each of the last seven.
- Tonight’s game marked Cal O’Reilly’s first career multi-goal game and his first multi-point game since Nov. 7, 2010 at ANA (1+1).
- Cal O’Reilly’s first goal (assisted by Ryan O’Reilly) marked the first time in Sabres history that two brothers have combined on a goal.
- Johan Larsson (2+0) also recorded his first career multi-goal game and tied his career high with five shots.
- Chad Johnson earned his 20th win of the season, becoming the first Sabres goaltender to reach that mark since Ryan Miller in 2011-12.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Cal O’Reilly
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock
Maple Leafs forward Tobias Lindberg
Maple Leafs forward Kasperi Kapanen
Maple Leafs forward Brooks Laich
Maple Leafs defenseman Andrew Campbell