- With the win, the Sabres will finish the season with a 6-3-2 record in their 11 afternoon games this season.
- The Sabres have won consecutive matchups with the Jets/Thrashers for the first time since they won three in a row from Feb. 23 to Nov. 8, 2011.
- With his goal today, Jack Eichel became the ninth Sabres rookie to record 50 points in a season (23+27) in franchise history.
- Eichel is the first Sabres rookie to record 50 points in a season since Derek Plante (1993-94) and the youngest to do so since Phil Housley (1982-83).
- The goal was Eichel’s fifth game-winning goal of the season, tying Gilbert Perreault, Rick Martin and Ray Sheppard for second-most by a Sabres rookie. He needs one more to tie Donald Audette for the franchise rookie record.
- With his goal, Hudson Fasching became the first Sabre to score on his first shot in his NHL debut since Zemgus Girgensons (10/2/13 at DET).
- Fasching and Casey Nelson are the first Sabres to each record his first career point on the same goal in their NHL debuts since Alexander Mogilny and Dave Snuggerud (10/5/89 vs. QUE).
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Hudson Fasching
Jets head coach Paul Maurice
Jets forward Drew Stafford
Jets forward Nic Petan
Jets defenseman Andrew Copp