- With the win, the Sabres have won three consecutive games against the Hurricanes for the first time since the team won five straight against Carolina from April 18 to Dec. 28, 2006.
- The Sabres now have wins in four straight home games against the Hurricanes for the first time since they won five in a row from Oct. 20, 2006 to Jan. 17, 2009.
- Jack Eichel scored his 21st and 22nd goals of the season, moving him into a four-way tie (Peter McNab, Christian Ruuttu, John Tucker) for the seventh-most goals by a Sabres rookie. He trails Thomas Vanek (25) by three goals for sixth-most.
- Eichel has now scored four four game-winning-goals, tying Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy and Ric Seiling for the fifth-most ever by a Sabres rookie .
- Chad Johnson improved to 6-1-0 in seven career games against the Hurricanes with a .930 save percentage and a 2.12 goals-against average.
- Johnson has now won four straight starts for the first time since he won six straight from March 9 to 29, 2014 as a member of the Boston Bruins.
- With today’s goal , Marcus Foligno now has eight points (5+3) in his last eight home games.
- Brian Gionta assisted on the goal and now has six points (1+5) in his last six home games.
- Gionta is now on a three-game point streak (1+2) and has six points (3+3) in his last six games against Carolina.
- With two assists today, Evander Kane now has seven points (2+5) in his last six home games.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Hurricanes head coach Bill Peters
Hurricanes defenseman Brett Pesce