- The teams combined for 11 goals tonight, the most in a Sabres game since an 8-4 loss to the New York Rangers on April 19, 2013.
- The 11 goals set a record for most goals in a Sabres-Panthers game. The previous record was nine (four times, last: March 28, 2013).
- Sam Reinhart scored two goals tonight, extending his point streak to a career-best three games (4+0).
- Reinhart is now tied with Jack Eichel for the NHL rookie lead with six power-play goals.
- The pair are also tied for third in overall rookie goal scoring, with 16 goals each.
- With two assists tonight, Ryan O’Reilly has five assists in his last four games and 12 points (5+7) in his last 10 games against the Panthers.
- Evander Kane and Alex Petrovic fought each other three times tonight. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, they became the first players to square off with one another three times in a game since Jody Shelley and Bob Probert did so on Jan. 10, 2002.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Sabres forward Brian Gionta
Panthers head coach Gerard Gallant
Panthers forward Jaromir Jagr
Panthers forward Jussi Jokinen
Panthers defenseman Alex Petrovic