- Chad Johnson earned the Sabres’ first shutout since Dec. 9, 2014 vs. Los Angeles (Jhonas Enroth) and the fourth of his career (last: March 21, 2014 at Colorado).
- With a career-high 44 saves, Johnson broke the Sabres’ franchise record for most saves in a shutout (Ryan Miller, 43 – Feb. 29, 2012 at Anaheim).
- With Buffalo’s third goal, Jamie McGinn now has six goals in his last six games against the Ducks.
- With his assist on Buffalo’s second goal, Cal O’Reilly recorded his first point as a member of the Sabres.
- The assist was O’Reilly’s first NHL point since Feb. 5, 2012 (assist). He played only five games without recording a point between that date and tonight’s game.
- O’Reilly now has four points (1+3) and a plus-6 rating in six career games against the Ducks.
- With an assist tonight, Rasmus Ristolainen became the first Sabres defenseman to record 19 points in a 20-game span since Garry Galley did so from Feb. 21, 1996 to April 3, 1996.
- After going 3-for-3 tonight, the Sabres have improved to 24-for-28 (85.7%) on the penalty kill in their last 13 games.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Jamie McGinn
Sabres forward Cal O’Reilly
Sabres forward Nicolas Deslauriers
Sabres goaltender Chad Johnson
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau
Ducks forward Ryan Getzlaf