- With tonight’s win, the Sabres have wins in three straight home games. It is their longest such streak since the team won six consecutive home games from Nov. 28 to Dec. 15, 2014.
- The Sabres extended their longest-ever home winning streak against the Kings to seven games, having outscored Los Angeles 33-9 in home games since the last Kings win in Buffalo on Feb. 21, 2003.
- Buffalo improved to 13-1-1 (one tie) against Los Angeles since Dec. 17, 1993. During this stretch, the Sabres have outscored the Kings 61-22 on home ice.
- With his power-play goal tonight, Jamie McGinn now has eight points (3+5) in his last eight games.
- The Sabres are now 8-for-23 (34.8%) on the power play in their last seven games.
- With an overtime goal and an assist on McGinn’s goal, Ryan O’Reilly has extended his point streak to seven games (3+7), one game shy of his career high, set from March 14 to 30, 2015.
- O’Reilly’s goal was the 100th of his career and his 14th game-winner.
- Rasmus Ristolainen had an assist tonight and now has 17 points (6+11) in his last 17 games. He ended the game tied for fifth in scoring among NHL defensemen.
Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Ryan O’Reilly
Sabres forward Jamie McGinn
Sabres defenseman Jake McCabe
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Kings head coach Darryl Sutter
Kings forward Anze Kopitar
Kings goaltender Jhonas Enroth