- With five goals tonight, the Sabres have scored four or more goals in four consecutive games (same season) for the first time since they did it in five straight from Feb. 20 to March 2, 2007.
- With Buffalo’s second goal, Jamie McGinn extended his point streak to four games (2+3) for the first time since April 5 to 10, 2014.
- Evander Kane scored Buffalo’s first shorthanded goal since Brian Gionta scored one on March 30, 2015 at Arizona.
- With two goals tonight, Kane has recorded three straight two-point games for the first time since Jan. 22 to 27, 2013.
- Kane now has seven points (5+2) in his last five games.
- With an assist tonight, Rasmus Ristolainen now has 13 points (3+10) in his last 13 games.
- Ristolainen also has a point (2+1) in each of his three career games against the Coyotes.
- Josh Gorges (one assist tonight) now has a point in three straight home games (1+2) for the second time in his career (last: Feb. 28 to March 12, 2009).
- With an assist tonight, David Legwand has at least a point in each of his last six games against the Coyotes, totaling 10 points (3+7) in those six games.
- Ryan O’Reilly’s assist gives him five points (1+4) in his last five games.
- O’Reilly now has eight points (3+5) in his last eight games against the Coyotes, including at least a point in each of the last five.
- Tonight was Matt Moulson’s 500th NHL game.
Sabres coach Dan Bylsma
Sabres forward Marcus Foligno
Sabres forward Evander Kane
Sabres forward Jamie McGinn
Sabres forward Sam Reinhart
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett
Coyotes forward Max Domi
Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith